American Media Investments, Inc.
Annual EEO Public File Report
February 1, 2013 to January 31st, 2014
The purpose of this EEO Public File Report (“Annual EEO Report”) is to comply with Section 73.2080(c)(6) of the FCC’s Equal Employment Rules. This Annual EEO Report summarizes the relevant hiring and EEO outreach conducted by the following stations, which collectively form a single Station Employment Unit for purposes of the EEO Rules:
KKOW FMKKOW AMKJML FMKMOQ FMKCAR FMKBTN FMKBTN AMKQYX AM
The information contained in this Annual EEO Report covers the time period from February 1st 2013 to January 31 2014 (the “Applicable Period”). Consistent with the FCC’s Rules, this Annual EEO Report contains the following information:
1. A list of all full-time vacancies filled by the Station(s) during the Applicable Period;
2. For each such vacancy, the recruitment source(s) utilized to fill the vacancy, including any such sources that have asked to receive information from the station(s) about any new job openings, which are separately identified;
3. The recruitment source that referred the Hiree for each full-time vacancy filled during the Applicable Period;
4. Data reflecting the total number of persons interviewed for all full-time vacancies during the Applicable Period and the total number of interviewees referred by each recruitment source utilized in connection with such vacancies; and
5. A list and brief description of the community outreach activities, not directly related to the opening of job positions, undertaken by the station(s) during the Applicable Period.
The following sections provide the required information, and summarize the station(s) EEO efforts during the Applicable Period. This Annual Report was placed in each station’s public inspection and posted on the stations’ web site, in accordance with the FCC’s EEO Rules.
SECTION 1: Full-Time Job Openings Filled During This Period
Time Period Covered: February 1, 2013 to January 31, 2014
Stations in Employment Unit: KKOW FM * KKOW AM * KJML FM * KMOQ FM * KCAR FM * KBTN FM * KBTN AM * KQYX AM
Full-time Positions Filled By Job Title and Date Filled Recruitment Source (RS) used to fill vacancy RS Referring Hire
1 Account Executive 2/1/13 1,2,4,7,9,13,14,14,16,18,19,21,22, 14
2 Program Director 3/1/13 1,2,3,4,8,9,12,13,21 1
3 Account Executive 8/19/13 1,4,8,9,12,13,19,20,21,23,24,25 20
4 Account Executive 9/9/13 1,3,4,8,9,13,20,21,23,24,25, 13
5 Disc Jockey 1/1/14 1,2,3,5,6,10,13,,21,23,24, 3
6 Program Director 1/16/14 1,2,3,4,7,10,12,21,22,23,24,25 3
See Section II, the “Master Recruitment Source List” (MRSL) for recruitment source data
Total Number of People Interviewed for All Job Positions - 13
Section 2: Master Recruitment Source List (“MRSL)AMERICAN MEDIA INVESTMENTSFEB 1 2013 THRU Jan 31 2014KKOW FM * KKOW AM * KJML FM * KMOQ FM *KCAR FM * KBTN FM * KBTN AM * KQYX AM
RS Number Recruitment Source Total Number of Interviewees This source has provided during this period. Source entitled to vacancy notifications
1 All Access www.allaccess.com National Radio Station Job Posting site 2 N
2 Crowder College Career Services Skip Webber 601 Laclede Ave Neosho, MO 64850 417-451-8618 firstname.lastname@example.org 0 N
3 In House Referral - 3 N
4 Joplin Career Center730 WallJoplin, Mo 64801417-629-3000417-334-4156Debbie HollisDebbie.email@example.com 1 Y
5 Kansas Association of BroadcastersHarriet Langeinfo@kab.net 0 N
6 Kansas office of Native American Affairs, Gail DuPuis, firstname.lastname@example.org 0 N
7 Missouri Broadcasters Association EEO1 Source P.O. Box 104445 Jefferson City, MO 65110 ph 573-636-6692 mbaweb.org 0 N
8 Missouri Broadcasters Association, Conny Heiland, fax 573-634-8258 0 N
9 MSSU3950 Newman Road, Joplin, MO 64801 ph 417-625-9343 mssu.edu/career 0 N
Recruitment Source Total Number of Interviewees This source has provided during this period. Source entitled to vacancy notifications
10 National Association of Broadcasters, Director of Placement, email@example.com 0 N
11 National Association of Hispanic Journalists, Marco Botero firstname.lastname@example.org 0 N
12 NEO A & M College Rachael Lloyd 200 1 Street NE Miami, OK 74354 ph 918-542-8441 email@example.com 0 N
13 On Air Recruitment Ads 5 N
14 Outside Referral 1 N
15 Pittsburg State University, 1701 S. Broadway, Pittsburg, KS 620-235-4716 Troy Comeau 0 N
16 PSU Career Service, Gorillas For Hire David Hogard 1701 S Broadway Pittsburg, KS 64801 620-235-4143 firstname.lastname@example.org 0 N
17 The Columbus Advocate 215 S. Kansas Columbus, KS 66725 ph 620-429-2773 0 N
18 The Joplin Globe Classified Ad Department 117 E. 4th Joplin, Mo 64801 417-623-3480 0 N
Recruitment Source Total Number of Interviewees This source has provided during this period. full time positions which this source was utilized
19 The Morning Sun, Donna Tunis, 701 N. Locust, Pittsburg, KS 66762, ph 620-231-2600 0 N
20 The Parsons Sun P.O.Box 836 Parson, KS 67357 ph 620-421-2000 1 N
21 Missouri Career Center1514 S. GlenstoneSpringfield, MO email@example.com 0 N
22 Heart of American Indian Center600 West 39th StreetKansas City, MO 64111Fax: 816-421-6493Director of Placement 0 N
23 Ozark Alliance of Professional Org.PO Box 8626 Springfield MO firstname.lastname@example.org 0 N
24 American Business Women’s Assoc11050 Roe Ave., Suite 200Overland Park, KS 662111-800-228-0071-913-660-0101 Faxwebmail@abwa.org 0 N
25 Broadcast Center2630 Hampton AveSt Louis, MO 63139314-647-8181Placement @broadcastcenterinfo.com 0 N
Total Number Of Interviews 13
Annual EEO Public File Report For:
KKOW FM * KKOW AM * KJML FM * KMOQ FM * KCAR FM * KBTN FM * KBTN AM* KQYX AM
Time Period Covered: February 1, 2013 to January 31, 2014
Section 3: Supplemental (Non-Vacancy Specific) Recruitment Activities Undertaken by KKOW FM * KKOW AM * KJML FM * KMOQ FM * KCAR FM * KBTN FM * KBTN AM * KQYX AM
Airing “Supplemental Recruitment Initiative advertisements on all American Media Inc. radio stations, encouraging organizations to notify American Media Investments to request information about all full time positions available.
· Job Fair – December 8, 2013 – KBTN and KBTN FM participated in Crowder Colleges job fair in Neosho. Kyle Thomas, Joplin’s Operation Manager and Candy Wilson an account executive worked the job fair and answered any questions for all attending and visiting our booth.
· Job Shadows - Over the past year, KMOQ has had 3 job shadows and KJML has had 2 job shadows. Students toured the radio station and spent time with employees in different departments, learning about the different areas of the radio station and the function of the individual employees in each department. The students were from Crowder College, and Joplin High School.
· Co Sponsoring Job Fair Drive – May 31, 2013 - KJML FM, KMOQ FM, KCAR FM KBTN FM, KBTN AM, and KQYX AM partnered with Workforce Investment board of Missouri and Missouri Career Center to put on a Drive Thru Job Fair. Several employers provided help wanted ads and employer information to be distributed out to vehicles that drove up needing information. This information was put in a hand out bag along with other tips and was handed out at participating locations including AMI’s location in Joplin.
· Co Sponsoring Job Fair – January 28, 2014 --- Co Sponsored Job Fair…. KJML FM, KMOQ FM, KCAR FM KBTN FM, KBTN AM, and KQYX AM ,Teamed up with the Workforce Investment board of Missouri at The Joplin Holiday Inn Convention Center, there we over 2,000 job seekers and over 50 employers participated… A very high level of attendance and interest was shown by those attending
· KJML FM, KMOQ FM, KCAR FM, KBTN FM, KBTN AM, & KQYX AM hosted guided tours of our radio facilities for Joplin and Neosho’s school group, FFA… students were able to cut some promo’s during their tour.
· Voice of Youth Program….The voices of Youth Program empowers youth ages 16-21 in finding employment in their local community. Every voices participant seeking employment undergoes work readiness training. American Media Investments is a support of this program and has had two individuals come over from this program, both of which we have hired on a permanent part time basis.